Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Week of the animals

So last weekend, Shawn was outside cleaning up the yard. We have a ton of bushes on the side of our house. He came inside and said, "I don't know if you want to know this, but I found a dead cat in our bushes." Luckily, Owen was asleep so I ran outside to see what I could do. There was no hope for the cat unfortunately. As we were taking car of it, we heard little meows coming from somewhere in the forest of bushes. I jumped in and tracked down where it was coming from and pulled out these two adorable little kittens. Ofcourse it was the day after Thanksgiving so a lot of places were closed. Luckily, the Humane Society was open and I ran them over there so they could take care of them and give them a home. I wish I could have kept them, but we are all allergic to cats. I swear I should have been a vet. Maybe someday I will own an animal shelter or something. I just love animals so much, I don't know what it is. I am just glad that we found these little guys before they became victims of the cold weather too.




Now onto a creature that is not as loveable as kittens. I went out to get the mail today and saw this on my front porch. I have never seen a spider like this in my life. It is huge and such a strange color. This picture does not do it justice. I had to get a pen so you can see the size of this beast. Scccaaaarrrrryyyyy! Too bad it is not Halloween anymore. I mean, black cats and spiders. How much more Halloweeny can you get?






1 comment:

Lindsay said...

ewwwww!!!! that spider gives me shivers.... i'm sure glad you saved those sweet kittens though... i wish we could have taken one in... we've always wanted a black cat... and with cute little white paws? awww. Way to save nature... but you killed that spider right? i hope so.